Health Official | Tamiya Ferguson
The mission of the Community Health Nurse (CHN) program is to promote optimal wellness through the delivery of Public Health Nursing, Preventive Health Care, and Health Education.
The following services are provided through the program:
- Family Planning - Education, Counseling, and Birth Control Methods
- Health Education
- Cancer Screening - limited to breast, cervical and testicular, and moderate colorectal cancer
- Immunizations - Birth through Adults
- Well-Child Exams - Including fluoride varnish for teeth and Blood Lead testing
- Sexually transmitted disease testing, treatment, education and counseling
- HIV/AIDS Counseling, Education, Testing, and Referrals
- Communicable Disease Investigation and Treatment
- Tuberculosis (TB) Screening - Education, Contact Investigations, and Treatment
For further information, please contact the State Health Division at (775) 684-4200, or visit the Nevada State Health Division website.